By now most people in Fort Wayne are tired of the cold, wet, dreary weather and wishing for warmer days. Cabin fever has set in for many. If you’re in need of a few diversions to help shake off apartment cabin fever, here are few suggestions:
Around Fort Wayne:
- Exercise your mind and body. Fort Wayne Escape Room offers multiple rooms available to search for hidden clues, solve puzzles, and escape—all under an hour. Grab a few friends (and comfortable shoes) and let the fun begin.
- Release the crazy at Crazy Pinz. This place is fun for everyone! Choose from traditional arcade games, bowling, laser tag, mini golf, bumper cars, etc. Check their website for specials.
- Get rid of some energy. SkyZone is the place to be. This indoor trampoline park is open six days and promises fun for kids and adults alike.
- Get crafty. Stores like Knitting Off Broadway, JoAnn Fabrics, and Michael’s offer beginning classes in many areas including sewing, crocheting, knitting, and other craft projects. Check stores for details on classes offered, times, and fees.
- Trace your roots. Did you know the Allen County Public Library has a world-class genealogical center? The Allen County Public Library’s Genealogy Center is the largest public genealogy collection in the country and boasts a collection of more than 350,000 printed volumes and 513,000 items of microfilm and microfiche.
Around the Apartment:
- Get a jump on Spring cleaning. Grab a box, a broom, and a dustpan and get some Spring cleaning done. Now’s the best time to do it so when the warm temps arrive you can get out and enjoy them.
- Redecorate the apartment. A new, colorful rug, curtains, plants, or accessories can add new life to the apartment.
- Learn something new. Have you always wanted to play guitar, learn a new language, or learn to cook or crochet? YouTube has millions of videos that can help you scratch something off your bucket list.
With these activities to keep you busy, the warm weather will be here before you know it!