Moving into a new apartment at Poplar Ridge Apartments in Fort Wayne is exciting. In addition to the normal to-do list stuff, like unpacking and getting settled in, you should consider how to make your place a home. Here are a few considerations:
- Personal elements like photos, artwork and knickknacks, are a great place to start. Consider matting and framing nicer pieces to hang on the wall. Be selective about which items you choose; they should fit into your overall decor scheme and suit your tastes. Don’t just go with whatever’s trendy.
- Get sentimental. Heirlooms and sentimental belongings can not only provide comfort, but can be great conversation starters and really tie a room together.
- Plants can create a cozy environment. Do some research about which houseplants require low maintenance.
- Lighting matters. It can make or break a space. Look for compact florescent light bulbs that are designed to produce warm, gentle light. Take advantage of natural light in the spring and summer months.
- Embrace color. You might consider selecting a color palette theme throughout your apartment. This can make selecting furniture and accent pieces like pillows much easier. It also ensures that your apartment will be a reflection of your unique sense of style.
- Start fresh. Before you put stuff away, do a deep clean. This gives you a fresh start both literally and figuratively.
- Fill your space with good company. Consider having a housewarming party. There’s nothing like good times and good people to make you feel welcomed. Plus, moving is a perfect excuse to catch up with old friends.
Your home at Poplar Ridge Apartments is the perfect place to start a new chapter of your life. With these tips you can infuse your personal style into your new space.