Stay Warm and Save Money On Your Apartment Heating Bill
With winter upon us, there’s nothing better than coming home to a cozy apartment after a long day at work. But at what cost? Keeping your apartment a comfortable temperature doesn’t have to cost an arm and a leg. Here are some tips to stay warm in your Fort Wayne apartment while saving some money on heating bills.
- Blankets are the most simple and cost-effective way to stay warm and cozy during the winter.
- Leave the heat on at a lower temperature, even when you leave. Not turning the thermostat all the way to zero when you’re away may seem counter-intuitive, but it requires more energy to turn the heat on and off than to simply crank up the heat as needed.
- The sun is your friend. Keep blinds and curtains open during the daytime to let in natural light (and warmth). Also, close your blinds and curtains after dusk to trap the warm air inside your apartment.
- Dress for the weather. Don’t crank your heat up in your apartment and run around in shorts and a tank. Instead, throw on a sweater or sweatshirt, socks, and slippers.
- Rethink your furniture placement. Avoid placing sofas or other large pieces of furniture directly in front of or on a vent.
From everyone at Poplar Ridge Apartments, we hope you enjoy a cozy and warm Winter in your apartment home.