Residents of Fort Wayne have a lot to be proud about with their city after being named #6 on the list of “Best Affordable Places to Live” on liveability.com. What makes this city such a great place to live?
- Employment tops the list. Fort Wayne is home to some of the top employers in the nation including Parkview Health Systems, Lutheran Health Network, and General Motors. With a low to moderate unemployment rate, skilled jobs are available with respectable compensation packages.
- Sporting events are abundant in Fort Wayne. The city is home to the Tin Caps minor league baseball team that plays at Parkview Field in downtown. Parkview Field has the distinction of ranking in the top 10 sports venue experiences as ranked by Stadium Journey. The Allen County War Memorial Coliseum is home to the Fort Wayne Komet Hockey team and the Fort Wayne Mad Ants Basketball team. Built during the years of 1950 – 1952, the Allen County War Memorial Coliseum not only host sporting events but has also hosted hundreds of concerts and events featuring globally known celebrities such as the Rolling Stones, Bob Hope, Elton John, Fleetwood Mac, The Trans-Siberian Orchestra, and many more. The Coliseum has also served as the command center and shelter for those affected during the flood of 1982.
- The arts and theater are alive and well in Fort Wayne. Theatrical events can be attended throughout the year at the Embassy Theater, the Civic Theater, and the USF Robert Goldstine Performing Arts Center. These historic theaters provide an upscale and affordable artistic experience for all ages. Events include plays, music concerts, and key note speakers.
- The Foellinger-Freimann Botanical Conservatory provides beauty in nature year round with its indoor displays of tropical plants and a warm desert garden for that relaxing getaway. The Conservatory features seasonal displays that make for a great holiday experience in the middle of winter.
- For the outdoor enthusiast, Fort Wayne offers a network of multi-use trails that stretch out over 80 miles. These trails expand through the city and out to the edges of town and through the parks and recreation areas throughout the area. Whether you like to walk, run, or ride a bike, this network of trails is sure to please residents of all ages.
The people of Fort Wayne love the City and the City loves them back with a variety of events and activities that provide a fun filled and healthy lifestyle.
At Poplar Ridge Apartments, we are proud to call Fort Wayne our home and will make every effort to make you proud to call Poplar Ridge Apartments your home as well!